View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by FmrFreightDog View Post
Maybe it's time to stop assuming the DPA movement has anything to do with fNWA and the merger and start understanding that is has to do with ALL of us being represented appropriately.
I think it's a power struggle. It's people that want to be in charge, running on an easy populist platform, trying to surf on a natural wave of anger that's felt both sides of the show line. It's packaged as the anti-ALPA, but my sense is that it's actually re-hashed ALPA, but probably less effective. It's not really a NvS in the sense that each group leans a different way, and maybe I shouldn't say a RvG thing as much as a type of politics that seems to have come with the merger, as evidenced by the tendency to interfere with other councils.

Prior to this, we had differences of opinions on how things should be done, and we had opinions about the individuals representing us dircetly, but we didn't have entire slates of people working together to undo another group.

Carl will of course accuse me of loving ALPA, but all I care about is results and policies, and I am deeply, deeply suspicious of whatever is going on. I think it's about moving people around, and it reeks.

But again, there is another thread for this.