View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
SEGATAKI
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2005

Originally Posted by IPAMD11FO View Post
Sounds like I struck a nerve.

I agree with you - an airline needs people for checking and training. Where I disagree with you is who should be doing the training/checking. The vast majority of training/checking should be done by IPA crews. Who has more experience? Someone who's primary job is flying the line day in and day out? Or someone who's stuck in a cubicle, who's primary job is to buy pizza and harass crewmembers for sick calls, late departures, etc?

There is no reason in the world that UPS needs 200 "subordinate officials" other than to keep some of the boxes moving in the event of a work stoppage or for use as a "super reserve".

Personally, I believe UPS really feels threatened by integrating mgmt pilots into the IPA seniority list. Why else would our CP go to such great lengths to post a video addressing the issue? This is a top priority for our President. Only time will tell what happens, but the ball has started to roll.

By the way, nice job on the Debrief last week! NOT!

You haven't a clue about the duties of a management pilot. To suggest that all they do is spend time in a cubicle shows that you are clueless and to imply that they are subordinate officials is ridiculous. All pilots at UPS management and line are involved in making sure that we continue to be one of the safest and most profitable carriers in the world. No company or airline can operate without a mangement system. People like you who try to degrade fellow workers contribute to the divide between management and line pilots. Do you really think that UPS pays someone to harass employees and buy pizza! Not!!

Find about the true schedule and duties of anyone at UPS before you try to criticize what their duties entail. Then you can have a true debate about their responsibilities!! I had nothing to do with the Debrief last week, shows how narrow minded you are if you want to blame that mess on management pilots!
[PHP][PHP][/PHP][/PHP]