Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

KC10 FATboy , 04-03-2012 01:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2007
  • Position
    Legacy FO
Quote: He's gonna have to recruit every year for the NBA, because it appears that he is the king of one and done. College basketball is being ruined right before our eyes... might as well start paying 'em.
Quote: Yep, and its a shame. I'm from Chapel Hill and a UNC fan. Three of their best guys are bolting...at least they spent two years at Carolina.
Quote: Let's face it, no college athlete is a "kid" and most college sports is BIG BUSINESS! NCAA football and basketball are pretty close to a voluntary servitude when you consider the money amount of money universities make off their labor.

Offering a player like Anthony Davis a chance at a diploma for what he bring$ to the university is a joke. That goes for all athletes.

Pay'em all! (and I'm a UK fan)
Quote: Kentucky will win tonight but it won't matter....it will be vacated when the NCAA finds Calipari again guilty of violations. Just like they did with his UMass and UMemphis final four teams. He's a shyster. Great recruiter but doesn't do it within the rules.
Haters going to hate. Buzz, I agree that Coach Calipari has controversy in his past. However, he wasn't implicated in the UMASS issue. He was however wrapped up into the Memphis problem. The NCAA took the appropriate action.

There is no evidence to suspect that anything is going on at Kentucky. Kentucky already had a probation season. I would like to think that the school learned their lesson. Of course I could be wrong. But until there is evidence, lets not jump to conclusions.

Also, not everyone on the lineup are freshman. Lambs and Jones are Sophomores, Miller and Vargas are Seniors. Yes, Gilchrist, Davis, and Teague are freshman and they will probably bail. Do you blame them? Do you think colleges should recruit players who are good, but not good enough to go to the NBA so they won't bail? Every school would do it if they could get those players.

I am incredibly proud of this team. I have told many just that well before they won the tournament. There are some incredible underlying team/personal stories which have purposely been kept out of the press limelight so it wouldn't have interfered with the team goals.

For a team of NBA hopefuls, they have been one of the most unselfish group of players considering that anyone of them could have gone out, hogged the ball so as to impress the recruiters. Instead, they worked as a team and had a remarkable season. Good for then, good for Kentucky.

GO KATS !!!!