Old 04-04-2012, 06:14 AM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by Regularguy View Post
"I hear that it will be fixed sometime in the future to go back to DATE of hire"

Why is it an airline half the size of United (at one time a third the size of United) came in and broke what wasn't broken? "I heard it will be fixed..." seems to be the mantra and excuse for everything at the "New United."

United Airlines had the infrastructure, the res-system, the training facilities and industry leading practices, an enviable safety record, the aircraft seating (first, business and econ+) desired by the traveling public and yes even an employee pass-travel seniority system which was fair to almost 100,000 employees at its peak. But now its broke?

I could go on but is the New United Management really saving money by breaking all the stuff which worked and retraining two-thirds of its employees on a broke system, with a promise to fix it in the future (and bring it back to the standard already in place at United)?

I guess I just don't get it at all????
The big problem is, simply, they don't care when it comes to anything and everything about their employees. In turn, that has forced me (and I'm guessing you) to not care about anything and everything that has to do with United Airlines.