Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Originally Posted by mtbthis View Post
I like how rather than reading previous threads, everyone thinks their case is special... But it's not...

THINK ABOUT YOURSELF.
1) Are you sociable?
2) Do you have hobbies outside of aviation?
3) Do you want a real college experience?
4) Do you like girls?

If you answered yes to any of these you probably won't do well at an all aviation college: Embry Riddle, UND, etc.

Quit wasting your time on these forums asking everyone thinking your someone special, seriously, look at the above questions I have asked and if you are one of these people, look elsewhere.

This is what you should do. Apply to colleges you are interested in regardless of aviation. When you look at them look to see if they have local airports with flight programs. That's it!

And if you don't believe me, I am a college student that went through this exact process and ended up transferring schools because I enjoy a social life.
For the record, UND is NOT an "all aviation" college. I could have double majored in music and aviation or one of many other degrees. One college girlfriend has her undergrad degree in Pre-med, the other returned to UND years later and is now finishing a Law degree/JD.

At the end of the day, only the individual can decide what's right or wrong for them. Is it expensive? Definitely.

But at the same time, in my own opinion, going to UND definitely opened doors up for me that otherwise wouldn't have been opened over the years. I was hired 6 months out of college to fly the CRJ with only 660TT/73ME. 5 years later my degree landed me a corporate gig, which directly lead to my current job.

At 33, I work for a fortune 50 company, am typed on one of the most (if not the most) advanced corporate jets out there, and live a comfortable life. Of course your mileage may vary.