Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by Wingtips View Post
yet I do not hear senior guys at AA complain. It is the most fair. It requires everyone to choice what they want to do 24 hours out. Not this changing plans/changing listings last second, or listing yourself and 10 kids 3 hours prior to departure because you have been here 30 years.

Its easy to plan and the most fair.
What happens if I happen to be airborne at work 24 hours prior? Some United Express guy should get my seat just because he happened to be by the keyboard?

Quite frankly, I don't care what you think and what works best for you as a 23 year old Eagle FO. I don't even care what 30 year AMR Captains think. We are a seniority driven company in a seniority driven industry. And I'm not that senior!! What I find totally galling is getting bumped off a United Express RJ on a route that we used to fly by a 6 month FO. Why? Because my company bought the seats!! When the 49ers charter an airplane, should I be allowed on it as a non-rev? No, because they bought the jet from us for the day.

You are rather quick to sling the mud around here regarding who bought who because who's house was a mess and who caused what with the summer of love. For starters, your assessments have been mostly flat out wrong. For enders, I'd start worrying much more about what is going on at your own house. The poo is just starting to flow downhill at AMR. USAirways is knocking on the door, and THAT is going to be a total s-storm.

I was 23 at a regional once. Having the time of my life, and wondering what all the grouching was about. Back then we didn't have the internet to play around on, which is a good and bad thing. I didn't have a CLUE how much I didn't know, so I understand where you are coming from. A little unsolicited advice which you can choose to ignore if you want - it makes no difference to me. There are a TON of guys who have been through a LOT in this profession that have a wealth of knowledge that you can learn from. My advice? Less typing. More reading.