View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
Wow! You surprised me. I did not expect to be in agreement with your response.

The question really is HOW?

Since the company owns the seniority list and since DALPA is tied to ALPA merger policy...

Guys,

Its really not that hard.

1. First stop with all the "He is senior he does not care about us/scope."
It does no good and divides us.
2. Hold the line where it is - 255 large RJs. Any more are flown by DAL Pilots.
3. $143/ Hour and $97/hour. That is the payrate that JetBlue pays on the E-190. We match that and maybe add a few bucks and it is an entry level Captain and FO seat.
4. If the company can't make a profit at that rate. TS. Figure it out or get new management that can. If Jetblue can get by with that rate then we can.
5. Furthermore lets slowly start raising the bar like ALPA and DALPA have been saying for years. I must admit I have not really thought this out fully yet, but if we match Jetblues rates hopefully other carriers will match us (pattern bargaining) and who knows, the 1500 hour rule (despite ALPAs efforts to water it down) might actually help us slowly raise industry rates.

If ALPA even asks us to allow more 70/76 seaters at DCI then they are not serious about raising the bar throughout the industry - in fact they would be impeding it by allowing DCI to keep compensation low. If and when this happens ( I hope it doesn't) it would be time to take a good hard look in the DPAs direction.

But the most important point - hold the large RJ limit where it is now - 255!

When you find yourself in a hole - stop digging.
Delta can fly as many 76 jets as they want - tomorrow! As long as they are flown by Delta Pilots.

Scoop