View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM
CaptainCarl
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate
Default Bicycling

Originally Posted by Salukipilot4590 View Post
I just had to throw my old mountain bike away...poor thing was so worn out...

Time to buy a new one I guess...
Originally Posted by CaptainCarl View Post
Man, I put 20 miles in on mine this morning. I was getting passed by dudes twice my age, almost thrice my age. But, in my own defense, the gears are all kinds of jacked up since I used to do a boat load of trail riding and crashed more than once. It's time to switch it up for one of them fancy road bikes, all skinny and fast and stuff. That's where paycheck number one will be going after recurrent.

Copperhed51, where's he at? I need his advice.
Originally Posted by block30 View Post
I can never forget being passed in a 10K run by a fat guy. And this was back in the high school days when I was running cross country and track. Then there was the time I got beat in a 5K by a girl who had to be roughly 12 years old.
Originally Posted by mustache ride View Post
Carl...PM me if you want to talk road bikes....
Same here!

My crap-tastic road bike will have to be retired sometime this summer...first thing I'm going to reward myself with is a new mountain bike.

Thinking Trek this time instead of Giant.

(Definitely thinking Trek for the road because the local shop hold sale items for me.....because I'm a G)
Will do, when I have the ca$h.
Originally Posted by uvuflier View Post
Noooooooooo... I have years working in the cycling industry and they are everything that is wrong with the industry. Them and the big S. We should start a bike thread though.
Originally Posted by AZ wildcat View Post
Originally Posted by uvuflier
I have years working in the cycling industry and they are everything that is wrong with the industry. Them and the big S. .
Can't be Specialized?
I've nothing but the best to say for my road bike from them...
HAWAAAAAAA???????

I'm still a relative newcomer so any advice would definitely help!

I've checked out a couple FUJIs and Diamondbacks (random note....Sport Chalet out here has them...with upgrades....which was shocking) and they don't seem half bad either.

All-in-all I just don't want to make the awful choice I made back in 2008 road bike wise (won't even mention the brand out of embarrassment).
Maybe he meant Schwinn?
:looks at bike in the garage:

:shudder:

Worst $500 I've ever spent in retrospect.

Still put 3500 miles on the bastard and it's still ridable...I guess it served it's purpose.
Originally Posted by uvuflier View Post
Nope Specialized. They bully bike shops into taking everything they sell and to drop all their other brands. Then they sue other smaller companies for patent infringements while stealing other company's technology. Lots of bad juju...

And this is related to Trans States because...um...the management...and um...whipsaw. We should resurrect one of the bike threads. It was my life before flying.
We all make mistakes in life. Who has two thumbs and made the same mistake? Yeah...
That's not cool. Bullies suck. From what little I know about bikes, I was thinking Giant. But I have a lot of research to do before then, this is just the beginning.

We talk about what we want here! : D But you right, we should take it to a thread for everybody.
This thread was born in the Trans States thread but we decided it'd be good to put it out there for everyone to add to.

(Note to Mods: Leave it here for a bit, por favor, so we can get some good exposure)