View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
No I did not come up with "Leading the Industry" if that is what you are asking.
Did you come up with trying to downplay what the rest of the "industry" (especially SWA) makes?

I have worked with Aeromed for a decade on a ton of issues. I have seen their work first had. They get the job done but you as the pilot need to be proactive too. I called them once about an issue about 15 years ago, and was underwhelmed, but after calling back with documentation etc, it went as I expected.
When I had my issue last year, I was as proactive as a pilot could possibly be. I was grounded until I got approval from the FAA and getting that situation rectified was by far my number one most important priority at the time. I left no stone unturned and did everything that I knew and was told to do ASAP. Dr. Faulkner ended up being by far the better option and got me back to work way faster.

If I just had a question about something related to aeromed, I would feel comfortable calling aeromed to get my question answered. But if I needed something done, I would skip AMAS and go straight to Dr. Faulkner.

As Timbo stated, give us a call in 12-24 is just stupid, and if they have done that they need to get called on it. The FAA loves documentation, and the paper trail needs to start somewhere.
Not sure what you're trying to say there.