View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:44 AM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by PerpetualFlyer View Post
Seriously? How about its honestly not exploiting a glitch in the system, but we just happen to list outbound on our own metal, but then the return flight is on mainline and due to NO FAULT OF OUR OWN, our priority is messed up. Stop being so paranoid and thinking all regional guys are out to get you.
While I agree that Jumpseat threats are not the way to go, it should be noted that a few years back there was a computer glitch where a few UAL pilots were put ahead of UAX pilots for the Jumpseat on UAX airplanes. For about a month I had to endure constant threats by Skywest pilots that they would not take me until we got it fixed.... Like we had any control over UAL's computer system. There were documents I was presented outlining the threat of no UAL pilots on UAX jumpseats. My standard response was "Dont take me to work, I don't care. But how do you think it's going to go for you when I don't make a trip because I was denied a Jumpseat on an airplane my company paid to have you operate?"

I remember these things.