View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:58 AM
The Dominican
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 747 captain

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPLT View Post
they kept bringing up how they are in negotiations and that life may get better. Considering one was HR, I think I would have taken a different tactic if I were trying to recruit pilots. Make your airline sound like it's the best thing since sliced bread and don't keep telling people it will get better. By saying such words, it makes it sounds like it sucks to work for COPA. No offense to anyone who works there as you may be able to prove me wrong, however, your HR could not.
Let's say that you are at the helm at COPA and that you have (as they currently do and will continue to have for the foreseeable future, Pinnacle & Eagle being the latest producers ) a constant supply of very experienced regional pilots that are willing (or have no other choice) to work for the same or less money than they were flying at a regional, just to get the 73 type and time on the hull. Why on earth would you even consider for a second to raise the term and conditions? So that people stay and you have to pay senior wages? The cost of maintaining a constant training cycle is a lot less, these folks will ride the cheap foreign labor wave for as long as they can