View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:30 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by gettinbumped View Post
You didn't need to type all that.
I know, I was simply interjecting the facts of what went down, as they are OFTEN left out.

I know exactly what happened. And I know exactly what is happening now. We are over a month into this problem, and United has ZERO intention of fixing it anytime soon even though its just a "quick change to the program". Same as your little Jumpseat fit.
Just to clarify. I WASN'T flying UAX at that time, so it's not my "little jumpseat fit". Just as the JetBlue pilots that were having problems in JFK years ago wasn't my "little fit" either. But it sure was a reflection of how some legacy pilots tend to behave.

But somehow, you wanted THAT problem resolved IMMEDIATELY by our JS committee (who has NO control over the situation), but now its no big deal. I don't expect a resolution for several months. Why? For the same reason I told you guys that it would take awhile for the Jumpseat problem to be fixed. Because United Airlines, you know, the ones who actually control the system, DON'T CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES.
Sigh.......As stated, the problem went on for well over a year, closer to 2. The UAX JS chairs were going through proper channels and were running into a brick wall EVERY SINGLE TIME. So as far as "immediately" goes, it's all relative.

I also remember that at the time of that little Jumpseat snafu we were reeling from the fallout of a Ch 11 filing, a 50% pay cut, parking an additional 100 airplanes, furloughing thousands of pilots, and getting our work rules gutted. In other words, we were a little busy.
Yep, sucks. And just like I told you last week before and after you went to the dentist. I've been there, I've done that. A bunch of children exercising their own little agendas on other pilots gets them NOWHERE! So the fact that management just got done handing you guys you aresholes via BK concession is NO excuse to treat other pilots badly, is it?

Personally, I think UAL should have priority on UAX jumpseats anyway as we paid for the airplane.
Have to agree to disagree on this one. Your company DIDN'T pay for the airplane. They're leased. In the case of the ERJ's, they are leased by UNICAL, then subleased to ExpressJet. Now, if UNICAL wanted to buy the airplanes, bring ALL the RJ flying back in house, then I could see a priority. But UAL DIDN'T buy the airplane, they ONLY bought the revenue seats in the back, NOT the jumpseat

[b]Wait, explain this further please[b]. In this particular case, it was a UAX employee traveling with their kid, and it wasn't flight crew, so it was definitely not a deadhead. What kind of DH are you talking about? The only DH we have is traveling to cover an assignment, or returning from that assignment. We can deviate from a DH on another flight, but that too is positive space, just at a different priority. [b]There is no such thing as a "space available DH". How is it that your company can just put you at the top of a UAL standby list but not make it positive space? That is something else I need to make sure we grieve.[b]
As stated, when a UAX crewmember needs to get to an outstation or other hub other than they're domicile, UAX positive spaces them. Or rather, the UAX carrier buys the seat on mainline to get them there. And it costs the UAX carrier a decent chunk of change to do so. However, when it's to return them to domicile, that DH is NOT positive space unless it's the last flight of the day. IOW, a crew member that is supposed to be DH'd back to domicile ISN'T positive space, yet is on a deadhead. But that deadhead priority is ONLY on a SA basis, unless the last flight of the day. Does that make sense? What are you going to grieve, that a crewmember that is supposed to be on a positive space/deadhead isn't really on a positive space and that they're OLNY on the top of the non-rev pile? Again, it's a deadhead, the crew member is working and on a duty period, yet isn't positive space. But back to my point, sure. Put all deadheading UAX crewmembers behind ALL non revenue ALL the time. Let a bunch UAX flights cancel, let a buch of UAL passengers that bought tickets from UAL be inconvenienced and cost even MORE money that gets to come out of BOTH our paychecks.

Here's the rub. I'm PRAYING that I don't make it to work soon because I get left behind while a bunch of United Express employees waltz on to our jets. It would be SOOO sweet to call the Chief Pilot and explain why I didn't make my trip, followed by a grievance to make sure I was paid for it due to it being a UAL induced failure. HOWEVER, when I don't make it home to my family on one of my 9-10 nights at home a month for the same reason, my sense of humor dims considerably.
And I agree with your point. Seriously, if I don't get to work because of a lack of boarding priority or some little CA's personal agenda of denying express pilots the jumpseat, I'm a honeybadger. I don't care. I call my CP and tell them what happened and that's that. When it comes to getting home, lack of boarding priority doesn't concern me. Because AGAIN, just like I told you last week, the regional ISN'T my career destination.