View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Jughead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ATL717A

Originally Posted by cni187 View Post
Yeah don't move to the north side. My neighborhood has no Delta employees which is really nice(Can't really convey sarcasm in print). I'm the only person with a beard walking around pulling weeds in my yard in a bathrobe and jelly sandals while drinking a white Russian. I live on the north side of Marietta off 575 and it only takes me 35 min no traffic to get to the parking lot. Whenever there is traffic I avoid 75. Only takes an hour to the parking lot via surface streets and 285.
My 2 cents - I've lived here most of my life (E.Cobb/N.Fulton). Like it a lot - government schools here are about as good as it gets in GA (Walton, Pope, or Lassiter district). Houses are plentiful and Delta guy affordable and run the spectrum in price, depending on what you want. Upside is it's not base housing. Golf carts don't do much for me if I'm not golfing. 45 mins to parking lot, no matter which route I take.
Traffic stinks during AM and PM rush hours. But I also understand there's usually traffic in places where people want to live.