View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:01 PM
DAL73n
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: 737n/FO

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Zillow is really out of date and just flat wrong.

Advice that will save a buyer at least 15 to 25% ... find a Delta guy who's flipping houses in the area and who does pretty good volume. Most will provide excellent, free, advice.

Be careful with Real Estate Agents. There are some good ones, but most are just trying to make a sale, any sale, and at any cost. I'm constantly surprised at how inexpert they are at Real Estate. There is a lot of ways to save money ... like managing your Title Insurance during the buy that can save several percentage points. It adds up.
Like a lot of professionals, a GREAT (very hard to find) Real Estate Agent is worth his weight in Gold (I know people have done OK without them). For me, I live in a small town and met a couple of very nice guys well before I needed their services and they did a great job with my recent purchase (small town Southern Nevada). Ask other Delta guys in the area who they used (check them out, ask them questions, are you comfortable with their style AND do they know the area you want to live). Still a great time to buy.