View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
SNAFU

While I think the treatment by the union officials and staff of the complaint may be lacking, I personally don't see why the guys think they are eligible for passover pay. If you want widebody pay the quickest way possible you should bid ANC. It is that simple. Those guys who did bid it and went there for however long were willing to go there in order to make widebody pay at the earliest opportunity.

Although it seems unfair, the contract is pretty clear about same seat, same domicile, same bid. The fact that the pilot later did a lateral to Mem is not really an issue.

I do have to say that I would definitely grieve this situation if I was in it no matter what the union reps say. And if we need to stand on a few toes at the next meeting I will gladly stand with you and do so. Getting shabby treatment from those elected to represent us and the staff we pay with our dues is unacceptable.

I also read Wally's letter with disgust. Makes me sick to realize just how bad the union that I am a proud member of has sold me out in the past several months. It may be time for a recall of our MEC and the big boys in Herndon.