View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Coffee Bitch
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Default Thanks for your input SNAFU

Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
While I think the treatment by the union officials and staff of the complaint may be lacking, I personally don't see why the guys think they are eligible for passover pay. If you want widebody pay the quickest way possible you should bid ANC. It is that simple. Those guys who did bid it and went there for however long were willing to go there in order to make widebody pay at the earliest opportunity.
Remember that the JR pilot HAD NOT STARTED training for his ANC bid. He had a July 06 class date for that bid. Once bid 06-02 came out, some lost their bid from 05-03 but this person did not. (Many Many precidents have been set previously, i.e. your new bid negates your previous bid if you haven't begun training). The JR pilot did lose his July 06 class date, the company moved it to Nov 30, 2006 to make way for all the Nuggets and began paying him passover pay in Sept. According to the company, they made a mistake and did not remove him from the previous bid. Therefore we all had the same bid, same seat, same aircraft, and same domicile. At best it is a gray area and not Cut & Dried as it seems the union decided. We still await a reason to why this negotiated "intervening award" phraseology (is that a word?) was even considered. Why didnt the union take this gray area and press for a resolution that benefits the members in a situation when the company admitted a mistake?