View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:29 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by FlighTimeBarbie View Post
These two statements by Gloopy and ACL seem interdependent...Which is unfortunate for those of us hoping for scope improvements (or even just a line in the sand).

But hey, the NC is relatively junior, so we got that going for us! My apologies for being a pessimist but I've been through too many of these scope-conceding agreements.

I would not want to project what the "significant progress" is, but one thing I do gather from the reps is this: The outcry from rumors about scope sales hit their desks and hard. I gather they get it, and know where it will lead. I will wait and judge the final product.

There are many things that we have stated over the last five years, but one of them was Section 1 needed to be negotiated independently of the rest of the deal. Well that means that we do not trade scope for a gain somewhere else and we do not gain scope for a trade outside of section 1. That is both good and bad depending on the terms of the deal.

A great many rumors have been floated here about what the opener was, or what the company was asking for. Pilots that write or just read this board e-mailed and called their reps very angry about the prospects. My understanding is that this reaffirmed the belief the reps had on scope. I could be wrong, but that is the takeaway I had from multiple discussions with many different reps.

The takeaway that every rep has is that DAL pilots want DAL flying flow by DAL pilots. The paradigm of pay et al has changed, and many, including those sitting around the table understand how the economics and economies of scale have changed. RA wants DAL Capt's in the jets, well there is one way to prove that.

I too am watching and will make sure to use every means available to me to make sure we fly more DAL flying.