View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 PM
13n144e
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: 787 CA

Originally Posted by gettinbumped View Post
Well I'd love to see some pressure from our CAL bretheren on your MEC to get on board with this message. Clearly, things are NOT going well at the table. The JNC had to cancel a meeting the other week because the company didn't show up. The JNC update said this week that the company had retreated to teir stock 2010 position on work rules.... so 15 months of negotiations are now back to square 1. Heck, they are only meeting once a week!!!!!!! This is unacceptable. I'm VERY thankful that Capt Heppner has taken this step, as it is LONG overdue. I invite, request, and implore our brothers and sisters at CAL to draw the line in the sand and demand the contract we deserve. Otherwise, the pace of negotiations will continue at present levels. After 2 years, we have NO section of substance negotiated.
I'm sure most CAL pilots would welcome a release, but we haven't heard a thing yet regarding this and I'm wondering why. If it's a decision that's made at the JNC level then it's not an issue. Otherwise the silence is rather ominous.