View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Who knows, but it I was RA, the last thing I would want to do is subsidize a fleet of airplanes that shoes poorly on the business. They want em gone, and if they can find a way to avoid the penalties in the lease agreements and the DCI air service agreements they will. Does that mean we need to be their shill? Nope, there are many ways to skin this cat.
So you're in the SWA pool too?

Anyway I don't see the savings from a refinery being targeted for certain airframes. We pay the fuel anyway for the DCI carriers and it all comes to us in the over all fuel bill. The closest we could come to doing that would be to not discount fuel at certain (all RJ) stations, but I don't think it will ever become that localized. Even if it was, again, we pay the fuel bill anyway. I see the regionals benefitting from this, but only proportionate to the size of the benefit itself relative to how much fuel they use. It won't be a game changer either way from a mainline vs regional standpoint, but they will benefit from it and the savings will unfortunately help soften their CASM IMO. I can't see it happening any other way.