Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by OscartheGrouch View Post
While I would agree that wearing your airline uniform to your wedding is odd I personally wore my Marine dress blues to a couple of weddings (including my own) and each time I somehow got "lucky."

Most of the Marines I know wanted to get their money's worth out of the uniforms we paid for (including Marine whites I had, that are no longer part of the uniform) and wore them when they could. I guess I am a tool for wearing them but I will tell you this. EVERY time I wore them to a wedding or another function I got "lucky.". Every time I didn't wear them to a wedding (including when I was the best man) I wasn't lucky.
So what you're saying is that you need the uniform to get laid... Weird, I haven't worn my uniform to any weddings (including 3 military weddings), and managed to lucky at all of them. Guess some people just need a crutch.

Note: You still got laid, so good on ya!

Originally Posted by OscartheGrouch View Post
I wore them one time and met a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader and well.
This story is only cool, if you nailed her...

Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Wearing your Class A's (or substitute whatever you call them in your particular branch) to a (your) wedding is fine. In fact, earns cool points.
It may be OK...but I wouldn't say it earns you "cool" points. I personally, wouldn't wear mine but I won't rip on anyone for it.