View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:21 AM
lolwut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Doing what you do, for less.

Heres what the FAs got.... anyone have somehing similiar for the pilots?

US Airways Q&A
This is APFA President Laura Glading with a Special Hotline Update for Friday morning, April 20, 2012.

The purpose of this address is to provide our members with the most critical facts. As you know, American Airlines management has made several excessive demands of our contract since filing for bankruptcy protection last November. Not only were their demands unreasonable, but their business plan was uninspired and not viable. My fellow union leaders and I had no choice but to evaluate alternatives.

Along with my counterparts at APA and TWU, I was approached by members of the US Airways’ management team who were interested in discussing a potential merger. Each of us – individually – came to the conclusion that a merger would be the best plan for our membership and the most successful option for the reorganization of our Company. In the days that followed APFA leadership, supported by our team of professionals, met with representatives from US Airways to hash out the details of how a merger would affect our flight attendants.

This agreement puts flight attendants in a far better position than any proposal American Airlines management has made. Equally important - is the business plan US Airways has put forward, which I strongly believe will bring American Airlines back to profitability and competitiveness. A combined US Airways and American Airlines will eliminate the competitive advantage of Delta and United and making us relatively competitive in both size and network.

After careful consideration, the APFA Board of Directors voted unanimously to sign an agreement in principle with US Airways, knowing that it was in the best interest of the membership.

Of course, this plan is not a perfect solution and we expect there to be bumps in the road, but I am confident that it is the best and most viable option available to us. More information can be found below and we will continue to update as material becomes available. Please check back frequently for the best and most accurate information.

Joint Union Press Release Regarding US Airways

Bridge Term Sheet Highlights

Early Out APFA's proposal accepted
No Furloughs
Wage Increases: 2.5% on effective date. 1.5% annually over next 5 years.
Retirement: Pension plan frozen. Replaced with a 401(k) contribution.
Current employees will receive automatic 401(k) contributions for 5 years, with no match requirement. Contribution levels as follows:
9.9% age 50 +
6.75% age 40 – 50
5.5% age 39 – below
At the conclusion of the 5 year period, all FAs would receive a 3% contribution with up to a 5.5% match.
Active Health Benefits: Better than AA’s proposed plan
Retiree Health Benefits: Implementation of Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association (VEBA).
Bidding: Preferential Bidding System (PBS) with our input
Reserve:
Incorporate earlier Reserve assignment notification
Add AM/PM Ready Reserve shifts.
Allow Reserve pick-up on days off to be paid on top of guarantee.
Current reserve rotation will be maintained.
Sequence Pay Protection: APFA proposal
Schedule Maximum:
Minimum of seventy (70) credit hours and a maximum of ninety (90) credit hours per bid period.
Flex in the maximum line value by an annual amount of twenty (20) hours, but in no case more than five (5) hours during any given month.
Incentive Pay/Per Diem: Incentive pay eliminated. Per diem rates increased to:
Domestic: $2.00
International: $2.20
International Override:
$3.00 per hour for each international leg. Override for deadhead, trip and duty rigs and trips “not flown” consistent with CBA
Combined Domestic & International Operation
Current Duty Rigs Preserved
Expedited Negotiations for New Contract: Negotiations for a market based contract will take place immediately following a single-carrier certification. If an agreement cannot be reached within 60 days of the certification the matter will be submitted to final binding arbitration.
Maintain all other provisions in our current Contract including:
Vacation accrual and pay
Current PVDs
Sick hour use and current sick policy
Current Hotel language
ATC/ Code 59
Galley pay