View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:44 AM
jdt30
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Free Flyer View Post
We are all just over flying all together. I flew 964 actual hours last year. That's because I'm on the 737 slave driver. I had 3 weeks vacation and 4 sick calls for the whole year. They overwork you on the 737, plus they don't hire enough new people.

All of the locally based people in EWR love the VJM because they make a killing. It took all I had to not smack an idiot for bragging about picking up VJM in the weather room because as an FO in EWR because he grossed $15,000 last month. He said he needed the money. My rebuttal was "as if I don't also you jack***", but everytime you help crew scheduling out, they don't have to hire another pilot. Oh, and guess what genius, then they don't have to upgrade more people due to hiring more crews. I swear, these EWR guys are idiots sometimes. If you can't afford your current lifestyle, then spend less or move elsewhere so we can hire more people, therefore making yourself more senior. WOW, what a concept!
It's not just EWR pilots. Pilot's as a whole are some of the dumbest people. Constantly tripping over a dollar to pick up a dime.