Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 AM
wyanrare
Citation X driver

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: citation x driver

I have been biting my tongue for a week and finally can’t sit and stew any longer. I’m still a low time pilot (1000+) but still hustling for steady work and happen to fly for an operation that drops idiots out of airplanes part time. This has started to interfere with some other work so I tell the brain dead boss to put out feelers for a new employee. As everyone knows in the aviation industry, it sucks being low time and trying to scrape for work. Low time pilots trying to further a career will do almost anything to get in an airplane, (I lived in a tent for 6 months) so I usually want to help others as I have received help and have greatly appreciated it. I get the word that my boss finds a local flying ace with a week old commercial single license and I am instructed to show him the ropes. I’m generally a pretty friendly guy and go through the typical, “what are your times, what have you worked on, etc” and I find out some disturbing information about this guy. He has some kind of business degree and owns his own plane, with seemingly no real goals of strapping on a larger airplane and doing any kind of commercial flying. This guy “just loves to fly” and is trying to find an office job. My question, why is he trying to fill a seat when clearly there are people chomping at the bit trying to build time? Do I train this guy or refuse?