Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Elliot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

Originally Posted by DelDah Capt View Post
All right,this is going to tick a lot of my fellow pilots off, because I've seen a lot of you doing it...

I often judge the quality of a layover hotel by the places you can run and the gym facilities. It's my sanctuary after a 4 leg Maddog day. I'm tired of seeing pilots who bring their phones into the gym. You are a tool if you stop in the middle of your elliptical workout to return a text or sit on the bench that I'm waiting for while you run through your email. You're either working out or you're playing with your phone....you can't do both. Can't you stand to be apart from it for 30 minutes? And don't even get me started about the morons who hold a phone conversation in the hotel gym at the top of their lungs....that moves them straight out of tooldom into the realm of douchebaggery. I actually saw one guy walk into the gym, answer the phone and have an animated conversation for 20 minutes, and then walk out again. Must of been a heck of a workout.

Am I still a tool if I run on the treadmill with my bluetooth earpiece? I'm not "playing with my phone", I'm multitasking, while exercising!

GJ

P.S. If you knew the real me, you'd find it unbelievable that I can walk & chew gum at the same time.