View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 04:22 AM
FreightDawgyDog
Trust but Verify!!

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD11 CRA

FWIW..David has always been respectful and helpful to me, even when I asked dumb questions. He is constantly barraged with questions by lazy pilots who refuse to read even the most easily understood questions in the contract and just want the easy way out. That is not what we pay dues for IMO. Expecting pilots to understand and follow the contract we voted for is not too much to ask. If David shows frustration with guys who have done their research and have legitimate questions I am sure it is the exception and not the norm.

That being said, this issue does not seem to be one of those easy ones and I can see where there are legitimate concerns. It will be interesting how it all plays out. In the last contract I know we lost many grievances we thought would be slam dunks in our favor. Maybe the lesson learned was to try and negotiate the best result we could without the grievance being settled against us? I don't know but something does seem out of kilter. I do know the company has been paying a heck of a lot of MD-11 Capt and F/O passover pay this last year and maybe the union thought a ruling against us might end up hurting them as well? Again, all conjecture at this point on my part but I am just trying to see their side of the coin as to why we would negotiate this outcome.

As far as our MEC Vice Chairman goes, it has long been said he has been away from the line too long. His correspondence seems to back that up to me and I will be pushing for some new blood next time around. I suggest you all do the same if you feel the same way.

Last edited by FreightDawgyDog; 02-13-2007 at 04:46 AM.