View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 AM
MAWK90
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Michael Vick's favorite animal

Originally Posted by Coffee ***** View Post
Remember that the JR pilot HAD NOT STARTED training for his ANC bid. He had a July 06 class date for that bid. Once bid 06-02 came out, some lost their bid from 05-03 but this person did not. (Many Many precidents have been set previously, i.e. your new bid negates your previous bid if you haven't begun training). The JR pilot did lose his July 06 class date, the company moved it to Nov 30, 2006 to make way for all the Nuggets and began paying him passover pay in Sept. According to the company, they made a mistake and did not remove him from the previous bid. Therefore we all had the same bid, same seat, same aircraft, and same domicile. At best it is a gray area and not Cut & Dried as it seems the union decided. We still await a reason to why this negotiated "intervening award" phraseology (is that a word?) was even considered. Why didnt the union take this gray area and press for a resolution that benefits the members in a situation when the company admitted a mistake?
Coffee B, two things:

1. If the company ADMITTED to making a mistake and paying passover, they almost ALWAYS dock said person's check and get it back. I personally know of situations where either passover, or LCA pay was paid when it shouldn't have. They caught it (company mistake), and the affected crewmember has to pay it back. So, maybe you should contact the person that was getting the passover and see if they are paying it back.

2. Secondly, I am a firm believer in your RIGHT to b!tch, complain, inquire, call the ALPA office every freaking day if you want, because YOU are a member, and YOU pay dues. You are paying for representation and if you don't feel like you are getting it, you are absolutely within your rights to do what you are doing. If you are told to "simmer down now" by WH, or anybody else, tell them to kiss off. Keep fighting your fight and hopefully you will get some satisfaction. I'd walk into the office at 8am and wait for WH to show up. Wait all day if you have to.

I absolutely agree it is time to churn the bucket of some of these folks that have lost touch with reality. I don't care how elegant a writer you are, it's time for a fresh perspective.

Lastly, if you don't believe that ALPA is good for you and me, you are wrong. We have what we have because of the organization. BUT, if you think that there isn't "behind the doors" stuff that goes on, you are wrong there too. I was an MEC member at a major carrier in another life, and trust me, there are things that stay behind the door. Kinda like a double-edged sword.

IMO of course