Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
Aircraft swap in the middle of the trip, run off the jet to the other gate. Did I mention it's a thirty minute turn? Get to the new gate, fight my way politely down the jetway full of boarding passengers, step into the cockpit whose previous captain KNOWS its a thirty minute turn and I find the seat full down, rudder pedals forward to the stops, armrest adjusters zeroed out full down and the headset unplugged, cord wrapped tightly around the ear pads tied in a knot and stowed in a bin. Thanks for nothing.
So these guys aren't just confined to the regional ranks, huh? I flew with one of these tools and every time we'd leave the airplane, even on a 5 leg day with 3 different aircraft, EVERY TIME whiiirrrrrrr...the seat all the way down. Whiiiirrrrrrr...the pedals all the way forward. Smacksmacksmack the armrest all the way up. Finally asked him why, for the love of all that is good and holy, did he do that!? Answer? "The instructor said we were supposed to on my last PC". Seriously? Seriously!? I guess there are two nominations here: this guy for thinking it seemed like a useful technique he picked up from an instructor. And whoever the dumbass instructor is who's teaching this! Now, who is the bigger tool, I do not know. C'mon folks, we're all ABOUT the same size. Leave the seat and pedals where they are and let the next guy make the small adjustments as he sees fit. All you're doing is wearing out a mechanism.