View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 AM
crflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by Redraider217 View Post
First off good morning to all.

I'm a new guy to the forum and an aspiring 121 rookie. I've lurked this site for a while mostly just trying to get a feel for the culture. I've been just your average CFI for the last 4 years and am looking to get moving with the next step.

I interviewed with XJT and have one at SkyWest in the near future. My question for those in the know,

XJT told me congratulations you're now in our pool. We will call you if we need you.

Does anyone have any experience with these circumstances? Do they typically call you in or can you expect to just stay a "pool pilot"

Thanks in advance!

If you got to that point, they want you and you'll eventually get the call. It took 3 weeks for me to get a call about this same time last year... actually I called them and was the first one to be put into my class. They hadn't called anyone yet but were going to get started for that class. It takes some patience, but there's nothing wrong with calling to check up on things, let them know you're interested, etc. Don't do that until a couple of weeks after the interview, I'd suggest.