Old 02-13-2007, 09:26 AM
groovinaviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CL65 Captain
Default I'll be on Reserve the rest of my life!!!

Just wondering how long some of you have been on reserve and if I should embrace it or start to get frustrated. I'm not going to lie I am getting really burnt out on this reserve thing. My date of hire here at AWAC was June 25, of 2006 and I have flown less than 150hrs since then. I actually started reserve in September and was just awarded another reserve line for March... that is 7 months including 2 months of ready reserve!!!!

I don't suppose I would mind reserve so much If I actually got to work. The last time I worked was 2/1/07 and it was one leg from ORF to DCA. January 2nd was the last time before that. Basically I have only flown 1 leg in the last month and a half.

Currently here in ORF there are 74 FO hard lines and 22 of us on reserve. At last check I am #5 from holding a line, but there are 15 guys below me that don't have their 100hrs yet... I hear that our PHL FO reserves fly a ton (my sim partener from initial has flown nearly twice as much as I have), but I'm pretty sure I'll never fly again.

Please don't take this as complaining, but rather venting some frustration. I am very greatful to be employed here.

So here's what I want to know about the time you were on reserve...

1. Company, Base, and Equipment
2. How long you have been on reserve
3. When you anticipate getting a hard line
4. Do you actually fly on reserve
5. Any reserve horror story you may have

Last edited by groovinaviator; 02-13-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Clarification