Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 AM
groovinaviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CL65 Captain

Originally Posted by fosters View Post
Ah OK then it does suck! ...late callout the first day and early release the last day, making it commutable on both ends.
That is a myth... They will always find a way to screw you. Usually you can get released early your last day, but never do they make it commutable on the front... even if you ask very nicely. The one leg I flew in the last few months was after sitting a month. They gave me one leg on my last day with a 1640 show time... after getting to DCA they still would not release me from the DH which would have put me back in ORF around 2100!!! The dumbest part of the whole deal was that there are 7 FO's on reserve in this crashpad and we all know each others schedule, but crew scheduling still makes up $hit rather than helping you out. Any one of those guys could have done it. Some of the stuff they have pulled is absolutely ridiculous as if someone in ATW walked in and told them to make the reserves in ORF miserable... I know this sounds like an exaggeration, but unfortunately it is not.

I really don't want to make this a "***** about AWAC thread", so I apologize.

Last edited by groovinaviator; 02-13-2007 at 10:36 AM. Reason: apologies