View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by Check 6 View Post
All 3 (verizon, ATT and sprint) give the discount. But I got varying answers on which parts of the plans are discounted. I believe it's only on the basic first line. IE I will get the % off on my line only...not the added lines and not the data pkgs. Adds up to about a 20-25 dollar discount.
Yes. This is how Sprint does my discount.

The base plan $110.00 (Everything Data - 1500 shared Anytime minutes) is discounted, but NOT the additional lines.

Each additional line is $19.99 PLUS $10.00 for "Premium Data add-on" (for all 3G or better capable phones) - NO DISCOUNT

Sprint used to discount ALL charges (before taxes/fees/surcharges) - but they switched to this new method last year some time which isn't as good of a deal, but still gives you a little bit of a discount.

Still - even with less of a discount - Sprint truly unlimited is a better overall deal (for us since we have good Sprint coverage - although NOT 4G yet - where we are - and most places domestically that I fly to) - no overage additional costs & no worries about exceeding limits is nice.

Thanks for the info - I was wondering if AT&T and Verizon did FedEx discounts on the plans as well as the equipment - that answers it for me.