View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
hockeypilot44
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
George,

I'm not trying to divide the group or anything. I am pointing out the large demographic of this board. A lot of people on here are reserves at Delta. Some by choice, some just too junior. Unless you are very junior, reserve is a choice. Johnson29 was a 320FO, and probably could be a lineholder maybe in DTW, yet he put himself on 2 years of reserve in NYC on the ER. His choice. Not everyone wants that lifestyle, and one way you can change it is bidding within your means. I could fly larger, but I like not being on reserve. My choice. I don't want the reserves to be paid less or have to work a lot more, but sometimes that comes with being a reserve. During slow times, don't expect to fly a lot and make over guarantee. Over busy times, you may fly a lot. That's how it goes. What I am saying is people currently on reseve may not be in a year if we hire a bunch, and it's good to think about other things also, not just about things that surround you now. I want the whole contract to be better, believe me, but guys screaming about reserve changes is just one part of the whole group, but a large part on this board. No, I don't want manning changes, or furloughs, etc. It is good to tell ALPA what you don't like. I am just pointing out this demographic.
Johnso29 cannot hold a line in DTW on the 320. He held a line for a while before the ATL320 base opened. I have spent my last 7 years as an airline pilot on reserve. None of it is by choice.