View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 AM
hockeypilot44
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

As a permanent reserve, I never had a problem with working 8-10 days per month and getting paid 70 hours. What bothers me is when I work 16-18 days per month and still get paid 70 hours. If I was getting credit like a lineholder for the exact same schedule, I would have gotten over 90 hours one month that I did not break guarantee. It's frustrating getting a 4 hour 2-day on reserve while the guy you are flying with picked up a white slip worth 10:30. I would be perfectly happy with leaving reserve status quo as long as the credit is changed to match the lineholders. These changes from the negotiator's notepad are concessions. There is no way to spin it. I would also like to add that reserve in the winter months is not the same as reserve in the summer months. We need the most protection in the summer months because that is when the company pushes us to the max. This negotiator's notepad is relaxing restrictions in the summer in exchange for tightening restrictions in the winter. We are losing this negotiation badly.