View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 06:37 AM
saab2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Upgrades and hiring have more or less ground to a halt. We had upgrades down to as low as 2.5 years. But there are guys now (myself....) who are near 3 years with no upgrade in sight. And we have had reserve F/Os on reserve for many months.

If you live in domicile or close (sounds like you do) QOL is not bad. Schedules can be decent if you have some seniority.

If you wish to live in the Northeast it would seem to be a pretty good choice at the moment.

I think we will start to show some improvement soon. Right now we are negotiating a settlement with the company on a major grievance which went the pilots' way. There is no word from Air Wisconsin Global Headquarters in Appleton right now.

We have had bids out on a number of RFPs (Request for Proposal) and have won precisely nothing. So morale is a bit down at the moment. We operate seventy 50-seat CRJs and for the foreseeable future that will not change.

But our contract is better than most other so-called "regional" carriers and is set to get better soon, possibly a lot better if the agreement between the company and the union includes the old contract.

Like I said, if you live in the N.E. US it is not a bad place to be. Our current domiciles are PHL, ORF and DCA with the possibility of a domicile in RDU.

Good luck!