View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM
whtever
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
I don't think any Colgan pilot should be calling out another regional pilot for flying an airplane for next to nothing.

It's not a merger of any type, no acquisition, so what grounds should pilots go to planes at the same longevity? Heck, with that reasoning, Skybus pilots should have 'moved' with some of their Airbuses to Virgin America because VA got those planes next?

And that "reminds me of the old bag over the head" comment rung true for me when I found out that Pinnacle was buying a non-union airline (Colgan) and then awarding them a new 15-30 Q400 contract, while we as 9E pilots were in contract negotiations. Money on our end was funneled to fuel Colgan's purchase and Colgan's growth. All of that came at the direct expense of Pinnacle pilots.
So a guy with such radical views/comments and an intense unwarranted hatred of the Colgan pilots is not in favor of completely moving the aircraft and certificate? This is your out, no Colgan pilots, no Colgan aircraft that "you" didn't agree to pay for and more importantly, no furloughs or downgrades for the Pinnacle brothers. Believe or not, there are senior Colgan guys, even with your DOH argument that negates the Bloch award that will be senior either way. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?