View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
T;
We get it, you like the -er. You like the mission, where it goes, how it flies. So do/did I. You don't like the mission of the 777.

We all understand you dont want to change planes. Pushing longevity based pay works for your scenario. You get paid more every year and don't have to move.

How does longevity based pay work in a merge with Alaska scenario?
Interesting question. As a thought experiment ONLY.. One could make the case that you could give DOH seniority integration to AK pilots under a longevity pay scheme, because.. I am willing to bet the majority of them live within spitting distance of their bases. So.... there would be zero incentive for them to commute to DTW to fly the whale unless they have a woody to fly the big iron.. because the pay would be the same.. Why commute for the same money when you can drive to work? However, that would be a very unique situation. but interesting, nonetheless...

As an aside, my personal feelings about what airplane I desire has nothing to do with my desires to see the current pay schemes scrapped. It has more to do with getting more money into more pilots' pockets sooner in their careers. If we stay on the track we are currently going down, pilots will continue to biyatch about poor retirements.. and it is all self induced. If you can live with that legacy, good on ya. I think i'st sad.