View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 11:23 AM
captchris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Who Cares

AWAC is a good company. One of the best contracts, pay, and QOL (if you live in base). If you commute to sit on reserve I know it can get a bit frustrating because you don't fly much. Things will eventually pick up in terms of hiring, upgrades, etc. As stated above we just won the arbitration and that is quite a big deal, so many people are just hanging out to see what happens with that. As far as RFP's all we have out there right now to my knowlege is a United RFP for 10 CRJ's, doubtful we'll win that given our .00000 batting avearge over the past year.

I live 1.5 hours from ORF and 1.5 hours from DCA (Richmond, VA) so either base is less than 100 miles from my house. I've been at both and enjoyed both. Overall its a great company.... some people are content with staying here. If you want to chase a fast upgrade, growth, etc. you might want to look elsewhere.

Who knows what will happen with us or anyone else in this crazy industry. But this is a great pilot group, and a good contract. For what its worth I would look at AWAC or ExpressJet. Both great companies!