View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 06:30 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
When will people realize that we're being used as pawns in this game of driving low costs?

No offense to anyone, but the regionals were never meant to be career stoppers with senior people making over $100k. That just wasn't the intent of outsourced regional flying. Now that gas is very expensive, labor has increased as well (which is better for us, but for the regional model to work, it's too much). The only solution is drive the price of oil back down to $40/barrel, and since we can't do that, the other solution is to go back to 1995-2002 era contracts, which is when the RJ phase boomed. That's what management is trying to do now.

People are right: if you can't pay us what our contracts are now, it's time for this business to go out of business. Shut her down. Unfortunately, there are many who have no place to go and will ride it all the way to the ground. Many will vote to keep their golden goose (paycheck) afloat, even when it means paycuts and QOL cuts. "Shut her down" is easy to say when you're not the one in bankruptcy.

Good luck to all.

This is only the beginning. The Qs are going to Republic. GoJets is getting a few more CRJ-700s than originally planned.

I'm waiting to see the Scope section on the new Delta TA. Once I see that, I'll give you my next set of predictions.
Did you take a job at Virgin America? If so, you might not want to post statements like this.