View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by sinca3 View Post
Cutting another 5% trans Atlantic and 3-4% system wide. The hits just keep on coming!! I see more backwards movement and stagnation in our future. Unless there are growth a/c and DCI disappears.
You don't need to destroy your unmentionables over this. I understood Bastian as saying they will cut in the low season much more aggressively. They still need bodies for the summer.

Theoretically, you could have an improved Reserve system (and pay), or improved trip rigs, or a greater % of flying shifted back our way (from DCI and JV partners), and you could actually have a well-paid, more relaxing, low season that feels like you're simply on retainer for the summer. I'd be game for that.

Theoretically also, you'd have to look at increased ALV's, increased MAX Reserve, and realize maybe they don't need quite as much for seasonal peaks, so that could hurt staffing.

Which is why there is no way in hell anyone can possibly gauge the impact of the TA without seeing the entire thing, and look at how it will affect their lives, to include staffing.