View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Allow me to re-phrase then ... .

Management is making ALPA's sales job difficult. Today was a tactical blunder. The leaks, which seem to correspond with management's forward looking statements, suggest that leadership is more than a little tone deaf. It is a common fault of autocratic regimes.
OK, I agree. Management is getting ahead of themselves selling to the street the notion that they "have an agreement" with us. That's for sure. It's insulting, and counter-productive.

I don't know if there are still interractions between the company and NC while the MEC deliberates, but it wouldn't surprise me. This isn't a round-about way to suggest I know something, I haven't even heard a hint this might be going on. I just suspect that it could happen. If it did, then the company has given a little bit of leverage to us, as you said earlier today.

As for the leaks, the thing I find most interesting is how they're mostly negative. The rumored deal per JL's newsletter, for example, doesn't seem like it would have legs. What's weird is the things NOT mentioned. For example, what about vacation, trip rigs, etc.? What about the rest of Section 1?

You said you thought management is leaking this stuff, and I don't see how/why. It doesn't serve their purpose. It doesn't serve the union's purpose to enrage the pilot group over the semi-ugly, and the bad, without revealing the good. I think the union wants to produce something they can present to us. And I have to conclude that the NC didn't suffer from a brain hemorrage. Ergo, the deal meets the MEC's requirements, and our own surveys.

It's got to be a political play by some group of people, but not the company or union as a whole.