View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 05:37 AM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
I think I have to walk away too. If you are equating a less-than-ideal TA with defending a child molester, then you have some serious issues, issues that no TA or lack thereof would ever resolve.

Vote NO and be done with it.

Also, sometimes this week's anger is next weeks forgotten afterthought. You cannot even find a negative mention of our C2K on these boards any more. It is held up as an exalted contract that sets the standard for all hopeful future contracts.

And yet, I can remember when it was approved by the membership back in 2000 or early 2001, I had a fellow pilot on the crew bus telling me how he was going to "quit the union" because the contract was "so concessionary." Nothing I tried to tell him would dissuade him from his opinion at the time. Looking back, I am guessing he probably thinks a bit differently now.

That said, absent some info that I haven't discovered yet, I can't see voting for this TA. We could have done better, and should have. I especially hate the "you might get new airplanes" sales pitch. Let's face it. Ultimately, management will buy or not buy the planes they need to run this airline. A TA shouldn't need ratification to lock in our management's business strategy. More carrot and stick BS.
I am relating the grossly dysfunctional relationship our current CBA has with DAL mgmt.

If your goal is to discredit me, I dont care. My goal is to point out that what we have going on does not work. It is time to do something else.

I have no idea why we have a CBA at all if this TA is the result of their best effort.