View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:30 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
The intent was to capture domestic flying, and the 767-300 non ER type is a domestic aircraft. So if those block hours go away without replacement, DCI has to shrink even more under the block hour ratio.
Going off memory here, so don't smack me too hard if I've got a piece of data wrong. I'm going to be (hopefully) off the grid tomorrow so I'll look this stuff up Thursday.

The changes to reserve were part of a package, and that package has some job protections in it. First is the ALV. Once you've reached it you can't be assigned more flying. If you're under it you can be assigned ALV +15. But that is limited by the staffing formula, as it requires jobs to be added when reserves are used more than 60 hours per month on average. Another protection is the 6 additional scheduled X days per year, increasing to up to 18 additional for categories staffed at over 20%.

Bottom line, with the additional time off and the staffing formula as a backdrop, there's no way to run reserves at ALV + 15 for any length of time.
Not exactly...it's an aircraft delivery (event based) as well as time based ratio. If management never buys another 76 seater, then the ratio doesn't come into play. If they buy all 70 allowable, then they have to have 88 small narrowbody aircraft on the property, 125 50 seaters left, and a max of 450 total DCI left. Then they do the ratio and ensure that for every block hour DCI flies mainline has at least 1.56. It's planned to be over 1.7.
Slow,

Thanks for the clarification. This helps a lot.