View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Bill Lumberg
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Space Shuttle PIC

Originally Posted by Ragtop Day View Post
Yes, they would come, but for each new 76 seater a 70 seater needs to be parked. The 255 number of 70+76 seaters cannot be violated unless mainline pilots fly them. As I understand the TA the new 76 seaters would come (contingent on the 717's showing up), but the 70 seaters stay. Eventually 50 seaters would need to be parked and the ratios+the new total DCI airframe limit (450?) come into play.

I am not sure if this is a gain, a loss or even. I am looking forward to clarification from the notepads/roadshows. What I am concerned about is ALPA's willingness to enforce this language. The 153 settlement, RAH issue and "beyond the company's control" language doesnt give me 100%confidence if the company decides to start trying to play games.

Have you been on any of the older ASA or Comair 70 seaters? They are old and junky. I would think management would want to replace those too with newer 76 seaters and get them to the max of 255, which is 32 more than they could get with the TA. They could replace the 70 seaters with the money savings of NOT paying us our raises.