View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 PM
nehringer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Default Hmmm

Originally Posted by HalinTexas View Post
Your company also needs to have a "reciprocal agreement" with SWA to J/S as well as CASS. I worked for a company last year that was in CASS, but no recip. with SWA. SWA wasn't terribly interested in setting it up, either. I tried.
My company is not CASS and since we're cargo only, we have no reciprocal agreements with anyone. I called SWA's non-rev line and explained my situation and I was listed. I'm going to shave my goatee Saturday morning before my flight. Am I going to be asking myself, "Did I shave my beard for this"? I have all of the same credentials to present to the gate agent, Captain, etc and I will be in a proper uniform with only a small gym bag to stow. From what I've read on other sites, SWA is one of the only airlines who lend a hand to employees of lesser operators. If I can't go, I can't go. I just don't want to end up in a situation where I get home, or halfway home and end up walking back to work. Google Maps says the walk would take like 10. something days. I know without CASS I have to ride in coach, and that is fine. Just tell me I'm not wasting my weekend as well as my family's hopes that I'll get to come home for a long weekend!