View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 AM
dragicon
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Default Interview at Cathay

Hi guys,

I have been invited to interview with Cathay Pacific for their Second Officer Cadet Program.

I had a few questions about what to expect.

My background is that I do not have any flying experience, but I am quite knowledgeable in aircraft aerodynamics and aircraft dynamics. I have been reading since I found out that I would have the interview about navigation, weather, and also brushing up on my aircraft dynamics.

The interview will be broken into these segments:
- Interview with both Personal and Technical Questions (45mins)
- Technical multiple-choice Questionnaire (45mins)
- Abstract Reasoning Test (45mins)
- Personality Test (30 mins)

I am hoping somebody can give me any advice that I might need. This would be my first interview of any kind for a pilot position, and I feel like this might be my only chance at this type of career.

Also, there is a medical form I have to fill out, that I am not sure what to do about the eyesight. I have not failed any type of drivers license tests, or physicals about the eyesight, but I havent taken a test in about 2 years. I feel like my eyesight is less than 20/20. I was wondering how I should fill out the form. The question on the form says:

Do you need visual correction for either near or distant vision? Yes / No

I dont feel that my eyesight hinders me at the moment, but I feel that if I took a test, I would fail it for having not 20/20. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thank you