View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 AM
rocketman3746
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I think this thread is getting a little off track. The whole point was to talk about the IBT in general and if it would be a good match for Allegiant. For the Allegiant people on here, which Local would you be involved in, 1224 or 357? I am fairly sure you would be 1224, since 357 seems to be devoted to Republic in all of it's various forms. If people want to argue about the behavior of Local 357, then start your own thread, because it will have very little to do with what Allegiant can expect with Local 1224. Judging the entire IBT system by the alleged behavior of one Local is like Condemning ALPA because you don't like one particular MEC. YMMV depending on which Local you are a part of, just like it does with ALPA and each MEC. You've heard a lot of noise about Local 357 on here, but taking into consideration that 90% of the people that post here do so to complain, just think about how much noise you've heard concerning Local 1224. I think when it comes to APC, no news is more often than not good news. If Allegiant is going to be part of Local 1224, then they should be talking to pilots from Omni, Atlas, ABX, Cape Air, Silver, Kalitta, World, and a bunch of others that I'm forgetting. And for what it's worth, Local 1224 has treated us (Cape Air) just fine. We negotiated for a fairly good contract in my estimation, and the level of support we have received thus far has exceeded my expectations.