Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Wingtips
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
Pair of VA pilots, chose to take Jumpseats so they can get Pax on, while, I am standing at the gate. Both refused to look at me as they walked past and flight left.
This is an industry disease. I love when its an RJ guy, like CHQ on a CHQ flight in lets say AA paint, they are on a positive space ticket with a seat in the back, and an AA pilot wants the JS on their full flight, and the positive space CHQ guy takes the jumpseat and bumps the AA guy to get another pax in the back. All the while saying they are doing it to help their company.

I guess they dont understand how fee for departure works for THEIR company, and whose paint is on the plane, and book the pax.

People who do this ARE TOOL OF THE DAY. But for every tool, will be another tool to do it to them when they are trying to get home.

The company controls how many they sell on a flight, we control the cockpit jumpseat. The cockpit jumpseat is not a crutch for positive space seats and the companys mistakes, you start letting it be, and they will factor that in to how they book flights, and soon make it a contract item for deadheads.