View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:31 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by JungleBus View Post
The TA prevents AF/KLM from hauling DL passengers during a DL strike? Really? Because under a release to self-help, management is generally not held to their contractual obligations. I can easily see a scenario where DL strikes, DCI keeps working but is rerouted (perhaps in advance) into a nationwide network, and AF/KLM hauls all HVCs to Europe (perhaps even adding a few sections).
Labor Disputes

a. There will be no increased use of the DL code (i.e., an increase over and above that which was loaded in Deltamatic in the 90-day period prior to the commencement of the cooling off period) by AF, KLM, or AZ during a cooling off period (under 7 Section 5, 6, or 10 of the Railway Labor Act) applicable to Delta pilots. In the event of a lawful primary strike against Delta by the Delta pilots, the DL code will not be used by AF, KLM, or AZ at any time during such strike.

b. There will be no payments other than those payments occurring during the ordinary course of business to Delta from AF, KLM, or AZ during a cooling off period (under Section 5, 6, or 10 of the Railway Labor Act) applicable to Delta pilots or a lawful strike by Delta pilots.

c. No airman trained by AF, KLM, or AZ in the prior 12 months will be hired to serve as a Delta pilot during a cooling off period (under Section 5, 6 or 10 of the Railway Labor Act) applicable to Delta pilots or a lawful strike by Delta pilots.

d. There will be no increased use of the AF, KLM, and/or AZ code (i.e., an increase over and above that which was loaded in Deltamatic in the 90-day period prior to the commencement of the strike) by Delta during a lawful strike by the AF, KLM, and/or AZ airmen.

e. Without the consent of the Delta MEC Chairman, there will be no increase of gauge on any Delta route which carries the AF, KLM, and/or AZ code (i.e., an increase over and above that which was loaded in Deltamatic in the 90-day period prior to the commencement of the strike) during a lawful strike by the AF, KLM, and/or AZ airmen.

9. Definitions for the terms EASK, acquisition and competing operations contained in the 27 AF/KL/AZ JV agreement that are incorporated by reference into this LOAthe PWA shall 28 not be amended without the consent of the Delta MEC. The baseline EASK allocation, 29 the Bundle 1 definition and the competing operations capacity limit may not be changed 30 except as provided in Section 1 P. 4. and Section 1 P. 7., respectively.