View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
One thing you guys must at least consider with DCI, we need the feed and 117 seat jets cannot do all of it. The Cseries could, but it is a few years to market. For the near term(3-8 yrs) we need lift or we will lack a domestic feed network and go the way of Pan Am.

No one likes the RJ sales, no one, but as Sink said, there is a broader picture on this issue. There are many really good items in Section 1. I also agree that the costing of them is probably not in our favor. Out of all of the fears that many had, some came true in section 1, but so did the quids.

In the rest of the agreement, I have not talked to one pilot that has their expectations met, even with the expectation RA created with a expedited process and an agreement prior the amendable date. It comes down to if you are OK with the work rule and compensation scheme changes in the current TA or not.
acl,

One thing my union and my company should consider is that Delta pilots are more than capable of flying 70 or 76 seat Rj's.

Ain't no shame in our game. My first day as a major airline captain, I flew a 75 seat DC-9-10 from DTW to MDW, and I was damn proud.

Someone needs to put the memo out to the higher ups that we want to fly those airplanes. Delta pilots don't discriminate against any lift carrying airplanes, big or small.