View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:08 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by dragon View Post
You still need to focus on this one as well. It's seen as clear proof of ALPA National's influence on this negotiation. Many have feared it, and to them this looks like proof.

Who are we to demand who the company hires. Perhaps we should require 35% from the USN or 35% from the USAF or from the girl scouts for that matter.

This line needs to go on the next go round. ALPA doesn't realize it's paying for its own demise.
I disagree. The rumors around DCI is that they have been pushing for flows and DAL does not want em. DCI carriers provided preferential interviews and jobs to our pilots after 9-11 and this is just the same thing in reverse with a min quota. National is not forcing this clause on us. Read the language. The flows will cover almost all of this going forward. Even last time the military percentages were well below half of the new hires. Given the way they are going this will not change. What this clause does is makes sure that we DALPA hire the pilots that helped our pilots a decade ago.

Just my opinion, but I do not see anything wrong with it. In fact I am surprised the company agreed to it, and in my line of thinking it was a compromise other than a flow agreements with us. After all we all said preferential interviews/hiring over flows, and darn it if that is not what you see.